We all know that we will need to store cryptocurrencies in a hardware wallet to make sure it’s safe and secure for a long term. It’s unsafe and not advisable to hold large amounts of cryptocurrencies in hot wallets like web based wallets or apps. So which hardware wallet is best for you? We will take you through few of the best hardware wallets available today to store your crypto.
Ledger Nano X
This wallet is one of the most popular ones. it’s core features are:
- Extensive Capacity: The Ledger Nano X can store up to 100 applications at the same time, including Bitcoin, Ethereum, XRP, Bitcoin Cash, EOS, Stellar and many more.
- Mobility: The Ledger Nano X is Bluetooth® enabled. You can connect it to the Ledger Live Mobile app and safely manage your crypto anywhere. Bluetooth® is not compatible with the Desktop application.
- Easy backup: Your crypto assets stay safe even if you lose your device. Simply use the 24-word recovery phrase provided during the initialization of your device to restore your accounts on any Ledger device.
- Simplicity: Manage 22 coins & ERC-20 directly from your smartphone or computer with the Ledger Live app.
- State-of-the-art Security: The Ledger Nano X offers state-of-the-art security: your private keys are safely isolated inside the device’s certified secure element (CC EAL5+), the most secure type of chip on the market.
Cost: You can buy it in India at just Rs. 9,777.17 here. Ledger has two wallet models Ledger Nano S and Ledger nano X.
Keep Key is another wallet which is considered as secure as Ledger. Let’s explore the features of a keep key wallet:
- Stress-Free Security: Generate and manage your private keys offline in cold storage, guarded from computer vulnerabilities and viruses, while utilizing wallet software for safe transactions.
- Straightforward Backup and Recovery: Each device generates a 12-word recovery sentence during initialization that can be used to retrieve your private keys. Have peace of mind that your funds are secure, even if you lose or break your KeepKey.
- Sleek and Simple Display: The large display gives clarity to every digital asset sent and received on your device. Each transaction must be manually approved using the confirmation button, giving you control and visibility over your transactions.
- Effortless Exchanges: Quickly exchange cryptocurrencies via the ShapeShift integration, directly from your wallet.
Cost: You can buy classic model of keep key for just $79 here.
Cool Wallet S
Cool Wallet looks completely different from other hardware wallets we have seen so far. Cool Wallet S is mobile friendly and they claim to be the best Bluetooth wallet for your crypto. Cool wallet S connects to your mobile app(ios/Android) quite efficiently and you can have access to assets on the go. Cool Wallet S has following core features:
- Track Your Crypto Assets: Check your portfolio at a glance.
- Send and Receive Crypto: BTC, XRP, ETH, LTC, BCH, BNB, Horizen, ICX, stablecoins and ERC20 tokens.
- 2+1 Factor Authentication: ometric and physical 2FA checks ensure your assets’ safety
- Exchange Cryptocurrencies: With integrated Binance DEX and Changelly, never miss another trading opportunity
Cost: You can buy it for $99 here. Cool wallet has just one model as of now.
Trezor Model T
The Trezor Model T is the next-generation cryptocurrency hardware wallet, designed to be your universal vault for all of your digital assets. Trezor has following key features:
- Trezor keeps your keys safe: Your digital keys are the access keys to your coins and other data. Trezor stores these keys for you, and allows you to use them safely. Your keys never leave the device, as the device is completely isolated.
- Always know what you are doing: Designed for your confidence and peace of mind, Trezor allows you to be certain even during complex operations. The Model T features a touchscreen, giving you an intuitive and convenient interface to verify and approve all operations.
- Easily back up your entire wallet: To make backup easier, we helped to create standard recovery seeds (BIP32/39/44), meaning you can simply recover your entire wallet by using the 12-word recovery seed if you lose your device.
- Store your passwords safely: Passwords are individually locked within Trezor Password Manager, using your digital keys. Secrets are released one by one, and only after you physically confirm on your Trezor.
- Reinforce your accounts with U2F: The Model T can also serve as your U2F hardware token. In comparison to standard tokens, Trezor will display the service you are logging in to before you physically approve it on the device. It is also backed up with your seed.
- Trezor Model T supports more than 1000 coins.
Cost: Trezor Model T is available for just 149 Euros. You can buy this model here.